Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Swiss Days Conversation

I had to save this conversation for our family history.  This is an email conversation with instructions for the day.


Kris:  Hi guys, I'm not sure I included everyone who is going to Swiss Days in my email.  So if there is a member of your family that is coming, will you please contact them and let them know the plan.

We are going to meet at my house at 6:45.  This way, people can leave their cars in my driveway(they'll be safer here than in the parking lot and nobody will get a ticket).  So we'll adjust for carpooling when we get here and then hit Einstein's for a snack.  My mom can take her Explorer, Sandie is bringing her Expedition and Jill has her Sequoia.  If there are so few of us, we may be able to get four in each car and take only two cars.  I know, I know, the stuff.  I am counting only 7-8 people going.  I think we might be able to get away with two cars.

We plan to shop and then hit Loco Lizard in Park City on the way home.

We will divide into two groups this year.  There will be the "fast" group that will be directed by Lori.  Then there will be the "slow" group that will be directed by Brittney (she's a very thorough browser).

Please come prepared to state which group you'd like to be in.  We'll divide up accordingly.  I will have nametags that say, "Fast Ones" and "Slow Ones".  Either way, it sounds bad.

See you in the AM.

Tara, we'll miss you this year.  Best wishes this weekend.  Tell your mom that we're thinking of her, you, and the entire family.

Jen:  Ohh, my gosh!  I am r olling with laughter!  I for sure want to be in the "fast group".  However, if there is a spot I feel requires more attention I may break off and temporarily join the "slow group".  Of course, I will be rejoining the "fast group" ASAP.  I will see you at 5:45.

Mary:  Jen you crack me up!  I'm debating my group...fast? slow? Hmmmm...let you all know tomorrow.  I just know for sure I don't want Lori mad at me!


Brittney:  WHAT?!! Nobody consulted ME about being the designated leader of the SLOOOWW group!  I am highly offended!  Am I really that slow?  I think once again Kris is assuming things!  Fine!  I guess since everyone else thinks it's below them to be in the slow group I'll just be in my OWN group!  I'm not slow, I just have better taste than the rest of you and know when to stop for a good deal!!  Magnet boards?!  Please!!  Give me a break!  How much have THOSE changed in the last 5 years?!  But guess who's gonna stop and stare this year, AGAIN!?

By the way, was Mary telling me to meet at Kris's at 6:30 not 6:45 because she thought I would be so slow I would be late and really arrive at 6:45?  "Oh, just tell her 6:30, that way she'll be there at 6:45." Nice.

See you all tomorrow at 7:00 when you all decide to show up!!

Lori:  You guys are safe this year.  Unfortunately I can't take the time off of work and Andrew wanted to attend.  So we are going up in the late afternoon.  I am going with my three "small" children, slow husband, and crippled mother.  I will be the only one of this group in the "fast group."

Have fun ladies and let me know of any good finds.  I will probably cross paths with the "slow group" around 4ish!!

Mary:  Lady Brittney, you are not only just killing me, I'm dead!  I must have slipped when I said 6:30...NOT!

And I too am so over the magnet boards...those are so last year. First, you will be in the FAST group behind Jen who will be fastlly moving towards the Ghosts(the broomsticks of last year), then you might want to ove to the SLOW group, which may consist of you.

Group:  No staring at magnet boards!  Let's not embarrass ourserves!  See you at 6:30! (others at 6:45)

Jane:  Ladies..just wanted to say that I had a great time today and yes, I was in the slow group with Jen...It was so great to see all of you, it's been awhile for me.  Anyway, I will see you at the cabin for scrapbooking, thanks Kris for setting it up for us, and Mary, thanks again for lunch!

Laurie: (aside)  Mary must feel slower now that she is getting OLDER!!!!! YEAH!!! FINALLY!!

Kris:  I think we need to set up a phone tree for Aunt Laurie next year to remind her about SWISS DAYS.




1 comments:

Jane Anne said...

That is so funny!!