Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mother's Advice


It's been too long since my last post but nothing important has taken place.  Yesterday I wrote up my thoughts and feelings about 9-11 and then accidentally deleted the whole thing.  I'll do it another time.


Today I am going to just put down some rambling ideas for my children and nieces if you are browsing.

1.  Smiths had some spices they are getting rid of this week.  They put them in baskets around the store.
2.  My last batch of towels got left in the washer for 2 days and without thinking I dried them and put them away.  PPPUUUU!!! the smell was awful.  After using the first 2 I put the rest back in the washer with clorox.  You would think that I had learned this lesson already.
3.  We are going to the fair today.  Lee and I are going through all the buildings and look at ALL the stuff without the little bodies telling us how  boring it is.  
4.  I remember going to the fair with my parents and siblings.  Our favorite thing in the whole world was picking up all the brochures we could find.  We filled our arms with this paper and carried it throughout the fair.  When we returned home Peggy, Mary and I would begin to play secretary (not school).  I don't know how Mom and Dad put up with us doing that but I don't ever remember them getting after us for it.
5.  Weather is spelled with only 1 h.
6.  Laurelee came over yesterday to help me put some software on my computer.  She spent 2 1/2 hours trying to get it  to work.  Finally, we took it back to the store only to learn that I had picked up the wrong program.  Thanks Laurelee
7.  She and I are planning to go to the art museum at the U.  Our husbands aren't interested so we'll go by ourselves on trax.
8.  Girls, let's go to lunch.  I'll buy! Cousins, you are welcome to come and bring your little ones but it has to be on a Friday.
9.  On her blog, Janice mentioned an clothing store called hannaanderson.com.  Girls, they had really cute children's clothing.  Just passing on the info.
10.  Kids, don't forget that your Primary program is coming up.  I want to be able to sit back and see each of my grandchildren doing their parts.

0 comments: