Monday, September 29, 2008

SURPRISE!!!



Another major birthday for Aunt Mary.  My little sister has turned 60.  Dang! She looks really good for her age.  I wish I were up to having some of her young pictures here to compare.  But just so you know, she has only gotten better.

Kristie, Andrea, Joe, Ben and Uncle Animal surprised her with a party with her grandchildren and a few friends and siblings.  Jimmy Dean and Elvis were also in attendance. The little girls provided the entertainment with one of their favorite dances that they have been practicing  for a long time.

This is Bubba (Ethan) dressed in his jeans and t-shirt with a pack of gum rolled up in the sleeve.  Love the hair.
Mary and Joe
Ben, Andrea, Joe, Mary and Kris
Andrea, Mary , Joe
Olivia, Anna, and Sophia
Andrea and Mary

Mary and her granddaughters
Can't forget Alex in his leather.
Mary opened her silly gifts.  Family joke about sharks.  Someone found shark slippers.

Life magazine from the week she was born.
Laurie, Dave and Mary

Joe, Mary, Kris and Lil' Joe
We enjoyed the best hamburgers in town along with fries and root beer.  Shakes to follow.  We had a wonderful time going down memory lane.  I gave Mary Aunt Norie's green cookie jar.  The 3 of us remembered that there were never any good cookies in it because Aunt Norie didn't bake but we looked into that noisy jar every time we went over, just in case.  Thanks kids for having us over to enjoy our memories.  I had some cuter pictures that Andrea sent to me but was unable to figure out how to get them into iphoto.

3 comments:

Mary Gardner said...

And a great big THANK YOU to all. It was the best birthday ever, made even better by being surrounded around those I love more than anything in the world--family. Grandkids are fighting over who gets to wear the shark slippers when they come over, I have a picture of two grown boys with "Ma" tattooed on their arms on my fridge, and a cookie jar with a load of memories on my counter. Does it get much better than that???? Thanks to you all for a very, very fun party. I was so surprised.

Love,
Mary

Sandie said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like it was a great time for everyone, and I heard it really was a surprise. Love it!

jill said...

It was a great time made better by the fun people. What a great family!!!!
Thanks for inviting us
Love Jill H