Friday, August 1, 2008

MORNING






I love mornings.  The first thing I do after rolling out of bed is to open all the blinds, the drapes and the door, if possible.  It is so incredibly wonderful to let the light in.  I can't imagine being one of those people who keep their blinds closed all day to keep the sun out.  To me, the sun is that burst of energy that gets and keeps me going.  I love it.  


Before my flowers all go to seed or start looking a little mangy I took some pictures of what to me is my own quiet retreat.  I spend cool mornings and delightful afternoons out here just to read, ponder, meditate or just hold "Little" Butt if he'll let me.

Lee and I go out to eat but I would rather get take out and eat it here at home.  Normally, it is quiet and we are able to relax and talk.

(Someone needs to inform me as to how to get my pictures where I want them to go.)





5 comments:

Sandie said...

Looks so peaceful. I'm a little jealous! Mornings have been so great lately. Great time to get a good book out.

Hunsaker Family said...

Thanks for the phone calls about the Kimball Reunion. I saw my dad's flyer so have all the info. we're looking forward to it :) See you at 11am for the picnic. My dad and the Hunsaker clan will be there. Not sure about Bratty Brady!

Jane Anne said...

I love to open up the shades as well and doors and windows if it's not too hot or too cold. Sunny days are great!

All you need to do is drag and drop your photos when you are in the edit post or creat post mode. It is a little tricky sometimes, but it works. Call me if you need to!

Chris and Susan Neff Family said...

Retirement definitely suits you!

We won't make it to the Kimball Reunion because Chris' mom will be in town from back East, as well as a birthday party to attend. I think my dad and Jodie are coming up though.

Kim Smith said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Your expressions of sun,light and energy are so true. I can see why you would want to spend every waking moment in that chair with that view.
I have felt the quiet restfulness of that very spot. Thanks for sharing!