Thursday, August 21, 2008

EDUCATION WEEK OBSERVATIONS

1.  Little old white-haired women with hunched backs and walk with a cane can move faster than me and squeeze into their seats before I can get there.


2.  Sandals are a must in this hot weather but are hard to keep on your feet when you have to move quickly.

3.  Old friends you see won't stop to visit because they are in a hurry.

4.  Lee got lost going from the Martin Building to the Wilkinson Center.

5.  The shuttle from the Marriott Center was a life saver.  When I did this 25 years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of using it.

6.  I love meeting new people who sit next to me.  Some are friendly and some want to be left alone.

7.  The campus has made incredible changes.  My favorite place to relax was in the huge student lounge that was decorated in turquoise and orange.  It had a listening area near the rear where you could listen to your favorite album.  Mine was Glenn Yarbrough.  It is gone now, replaced with offices.  I was sorry not to see those colors again.

8.  My next favorite place was sitting with my friends in a booth sipping our "root beers" and watching people go by.

9.  I love it when a stranger walks by me and smiles and says good morning.

10.  Have you visited the Hinckley Center yet?

11. You need to time your potty and lunch breaks just right to miss the crowds.  Or find a potty that is out of the way and not found yet.

12.  I tried to visit my old dorm--Lucy Mack Smith Hall, but it was locked up.  Still looked the same.

13.  The last thing I did at the end of classes was to get double scoop cone from the BYU Creamery.  You haven't had a good ice cream cone until you have had one of those.

14.  I love that campus.  It is so like home to me.

4 comments:

jill said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Glad you took the time to go.
Love Jill H

Mary Gardner said...

Put a cow bell around Lee; we can't have him getting lost!

Can I retire with you?

Mary

Sandie said...

Sounds like you had a great time Mom. I'm glad you did it! Surprised dad went, but not surprised he got lost. Gotta love him!!! Maybe the cowbell is a good idea, just don't tell him I said that. ;)

Jane Anne said...

That campus is like home to me too. I only had time for 1/2 day on one day this year, but I still had a great time..