Wednesday, August 13, 2008

QUALITY TIME AWARD

The cousins were invited to spend the afternoon at the community pool with all their children.  Lori wasn't going to go because it gets to be really hard t control 3 little ones at the pool.  I offered my assistance.  She finally said yes.  I met her there and got them all out of the car and up to the pool where Kristie was waiting with pizza and her fabulous chocolate cake.  Lori got them fed and dressed.  The rest of the grandkids were in the pool just having a ball.  Caeden and Zach were ready to go in after the arm balloons were adjusted.  I did my grandmotherly duties and took Twinkle over to let her put her legs and feet in and splash around.  But NO! this was not enough for this little spitfire.  She  wanted to go in all the way.  So sweet Lori changed into her suit and took Twinkle out into the water for the next hour.  She was in heaven.  There was no way that she was going to just watch from the side.  All I can say to Lori is "get her into swim lessons, fast".  


Lori spent all her time with her children in the pool while her sister cousins watch.  Finally they noticed and decide that she should get the Mommy QualityTime Award.  You go GIRL!  I enjoyed my visit with all these cousins.  They have such a love and respect for each other.  It's great to see them able to have a wonderful time together.  Keep it going, girls, to you're to old to remember each other.

5 comments:

Mary Gardner said...

Ditto to what she said! Love you all!

Mary

Hunsaker Family said...

Lori, I'll give you the "Mother of the year award" over and over and over as long as I never have to put my suit on in public! The pool was great times. THANKS tons to all. Love hangin' out with you!

Hunsaker Family said...

P.S.
I love Sandie's face in the background of the pictures. She's going to be happy with that one :)

Sandie said...

Lori does deserve the mother of the year award. I bought a lifejacket for Cort, just so I wouldn't have to get in. Way to go Lori. You are so amazing, I don't even feel bad about getting the uninvolved mother of the year award. Oh, and I hate the background photo of me. Yikes! Also had a great time with all of you. Love ya! Thanks, mom.

Mary Gardner said...

P.S. Laurie, that chocolate cake is a recipe I got from you years ago. We call it the "yogurt cake" and it's our standard dessert when we have family dinners. Most of my good recipes have come from my sisters!

Mary