Saturday, August 16, 2008

KIMBALL REUNION



Poppa taking care of Urban until we can get some ice cream.




Let's go Mom!  I'm tired.
Kris and Mary wave goodbye to us as we take the train back to the strollers
Miss Lilly has the right idea.  Notice her hand on her bottle.  Just keeping it handy.


Jane feeding the goat in the petting zoo area.
Zach looking into the pen for the sheep.
My personal favorite was the rooster.
Everyone is soooo tired.  Sandie with Cort then Caeden, Ethan and Izzy.
Luke showing Caeden his huge leaf.

Most of the children got to ride the horses.  Zach was excited.  He got to hold onto the stick thing.  Next is a picture of Suzy and Eva, Jane and Urban, Kenna and Darren and then Luke.










Caeden checking out the animals.
The llama checking out Caeden.
Urban and Cort teasing each other.
My favorite were the peacocks.  Look at their beautiful markings.
Look carefully and you will see a duckling.



My post is at the bottom.  I still can't get the pictures to go in the right place.
Tara, Kris, Sandie, Jane, and Jodie taking pictures of the grand parents.

Richard, Mary and David
Somebody got her feelings hurt.
Izzy wasn't happy and neither was Mom.
Mary and Ethan looking at the animals.


When I was a little girl, I remember Mom and Aunt Joyce commenting on how important it was going to be to keep their families close to each other when Joyce lived in California and we lived in Salt Lake.  Out of 4 girls in their own family only 2 had children and they wanted to make sure we knew each other.  And we do.  We have fond memories of going to California for vacations, Christmas and birthday gifts, etc.  I wrote often to my cousin, Karen and have visited with all of them since our marriages.  We do know each other even though we live in different states.

This has been what I have wanted for my own children.  To know their cousins and they do.  I made sure that everyone knew about the reunion today and several of them took the time to come and have fun.

The first thing to do was take pictures of the oldest members of the family.  That was Richard, David, Mary and Laurie.  We missed Peggy.  What was funny was to see 5 cameras pointing at us, so Dave took a picture of all the cousins with these cameras in front  their faces.

I remember a picture being taken of the reunion when it was held in the Kimball Ward. I remember having pictures of the children taken when they were very young shaking President Kimball's hand.  Now it is the 5 of us who are having our picture taken together.  Very thought provoking I must say.  I told Jane that someday she'll have to wheel me around in a wheelchair like some of these folks here.

I have included several pictures of the children and grandchildren having fun at Heritage Park at This is the Place Monument.



3 comments:

jill said...

Sounds like it was a fun time for everyone. Sorry I missed it.
Jill H

Sandie said...

Thanks mom! We had a great time. It's always good to see my aunts and uncles chat about the "old" days! And, I always love seeing all the girls.

Hunsaker Family said...

Definately a fun time for me... Darren pouting in the car, my Aunts seeing me lose it with Izzy, the walking, the heat.... And still, I had a blast! Thanks to all the relatives and the fun times! Love you all-