Saturday, May 17, 2008

WARD CLEANUP

Ward Cleanup was this morning.  Lee and I have decided that we need to do the right thing and recommit ourselves to doing service for others when we are asked and even when we aren't.  We are going to start looking for ways to help when we can.


This post is a tribute to my sweet man.  We were asked to help Sister Strauss with her yard cleanup.  We were to spend just 2 hours digging, pulling, and cutting.  Most of the men worked on the fence that had fallen during the winter.  Lee sent me home for the trimmers, cords, etc. so he could mow the lawn and trim the bushes.  He worked hard for those 2 hours and when it was time to leave, he wasn't done so continued.  When he came to a stopping point he promised Sister Strauss that he would spend a couple of more evenings during the week to finish up.  He just couldn't leave her in the middle of a job not done.  

This guy  would do anything you asked of him.  Sometimes he grumbles, but that is just his nature.  He'll do it anyway.  I've watched the way he has worked with his 85 year old Dad, which is a whole other story, and how kind he is to this extremely difficult personality.  I have no doubt that when I become "old", I will be well cared for by Lee until he just can't do it anymore.  

I hope his children see the kindness, love and devotion he gives to his father and that they will reciprocate in return when the time comes.  I will haunt you if you don't!!!!!

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Love you Dad, you are amazing!!!

Levi said...

what do you mean? you already haunt us.