Friday, May 9, 2008

TAGGED


Sandie tagged me some time ago and I have put it off until I was able to take the time to think about divulging--I believe this is the word she used--7 things about myself.  The above picture includes many of my favorite people:  Carolyn H, Darold H,  Marva, Elaine C, Leigh K, Shirley , Laura, Joy W, and Marlon A.  About 1969.


1.  I loved to ballroom dance.  After taking a class in college,  I yearned for the opportunities to be able to dance.  After college our singles group attended the Thursday Night dances at the Terrace Ballroom where I made such good friends that I eventually applied to be on the dance committee.  I loved it.  Along with my good friends, Jan and Kay,  we had some good times.

2.  I consider myself a "river rat".  With a brother as a river guide and belonging to a group that loved to play,  I have been on several river trips.  But not near as many as Aunt Shirley, who made it a point to never get her hair wet.

3.  I bite my fingernails down to nothing.  3 years ago Terrie took me over to TipTop Nails.  I have enjoyed long nails ever since.

4.  My greatest joy in life has been my children giving me grandchildren.

5.  I was afraid to go to Thailand because I knew that I would never be able to find a potty when I needed it or if I did, it would be a hole with places to put your feet on either side.

6.  I would rather read the book than go to the movie.

7.  I miss my own mother more than anyone knows.

There. now you know a few things about me that no one has ever really asked me about.

5 comments:

Sandie said...

Thanks for doing this mom. I learned lots. I had no idea you were on the dance committee or that you went on so many river trips! Thanks for having us over today. We had a great time!

Mary Gardner said...

Laurie, I'm so proud of you for doing this. I wonder if the owners of the the Holladay house know they have a pet cemetery in the back yard??? I feel mom's void in our lives all the time; sometimes the sadness is overwhelming to me. Love you, Mary

Hunsaker Family said...

Aunt Laurie-
I've had a few adored dogs in my life- my girls and I know they are in doggie-heaven now (with a few adored grandparents). Your blog made me cry- some would say that's an easy thing :) Love You

Andrea said...

My cousins said I'd cry when I read this and they were right. I know we all wish we had known her. Someday...

jill said...

Laurie,
How wonderful that you did this, I can't wait to have Dave read it. Thank you for sharing with everyone.