Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Big Day

Today was an awesome day.  Retirement dinner at 6:00 p.m.  Thats great but Jane's doctor decided that this was the day to bring Little Miss Lilly into the world.  That's OK.  I'm sure we can do both.  Sandie calls to tell us that Levi will be coming in at 7:30--would we like to come to the airport to welcome him in.   Uhhhhh--NO!!  Can't do that.  She does understand but I feel bad.  


At 5:30 we head for the hospital but on the way I decide that we'll have to wait until after the dinner.  I call Greg's cell and he answers with "she just popped out!!!  You have another grand-daughter.  I tell him we are on our way.  We couldn't go to dinner without seeing Lilly.  We arrived so soon that the baby hadn't been cleaned up, weighed or measured.  She is beautiful!  Jane and Greg were so cute.  They felt so blessed to have this new child.  I could tell that they were very touched.  We spent a few minutes with them and headed uptown to the dinner.  

It was hard to listen to their comments of appreciation for these wonderful teachers who were retiring.  They said they would miss our experience etc.  But don't let the door hit you on the way out.  The dinner was nice.  The company was great.  No program--just a reading of names and good-bye.  We were out of there within less than 90 minutes.

Then we headed to our daughter's home to welcome home our soldier.  He looks great.  We were glad to finally have him home.  Sandie has been wonderful and so have the little boys but the family just isn't as complete without Dad, no matter what.

I wish I had pictures of all of this but if I waited for pics, I would never get anything written.  Go to Sandie's blog to learn more about Levi's homecoming.

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

What a busy weekend!! Tell Jane congratulations on her baby!

I finally found your blog...It's great!!

Chris and Susan Neff Family said...

Congratulations on all of the exciting events going on in your life at the exact same time. Certainly keeps things from being boring. Lots of love!