Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Button



This is Button.  A cuter, funnier, little animal could not be found.  He is ssooo sweet.  HaHa!!  This dog is crazy.  He loves to get up at night.  To do this, he will bounce around on the bed.  If that doesn't work, then a few licks in the face.  It that still doesn''t work, a wet willie  in my ear will usually do it.  So I get up half awake, walk down the hall assuming the dog is right behind me, open the door to let him out and uhhh no dog.  Back to bed I wander only to find him curled up on my pillow or against Lee.  This can happen 2-3 times a night.  Finally last night at 4:15 a.m. he just shoots out the door.  My he really must have a job to do.  I wait and wait and wait and wait.  After 15 min. I head outside hoping none of the neighbors are up to see this neighbor wandering the back yard in pj's that are 8 inches to short after many washings and a polo shirt that hangs sloppy.  I wander around the house like this  only to find no sign of Button.  I know I let him out.  I check back in the bedroom, out the front door, back around the house.  Then I realize this stupid dog has dug a hole under the fence again and he won't come back until he is ready.  I hear him moving around in the neighbors back yard and wait again until he scampers back under the fence.  My nights are so long sometimes.



3 comments:

Levi said...

REMEDY: I think it might be time for Button and Levi to take a long drive in the country........

Mary Gardner said...

Seriously, Laurie. . . think about Levi's offer. You're losing some serious sleep time.

Love,
Mary

Chris and Susan Neff Family said...

We might be getting more sleep than you are right now with your 'baby'.`