Thursday, January 29, 2009

SACRIFICES

For all of you lovely people that commented on what a nice thing I did for Olivia, I thank you. But doing a quilt for her at this point was not a sacrifice because I loved doing it. And the colors just called out to Olivia.  We are so blessed to have her in all of our lives. Having special needs children in our family only blesses us. Each one of our grandchildren is so  rich in personality (I like to refer to it as their spirit) that it amazes me that they originate from Mom and Dad (along with their other G-grandparents).  I love it.  Can you imagine how my parents feel and then go back each generation and realize the love that those folks must have for their descendants.  Its over-powering.

Now, this is sacrifice.  Having my cute little room over run with ironing that has stacked up for 3 weeks.  Mister is getting a little perturbed especially Sunday mornings when there isn't a white shirt in the closet.  Butt and I try to get it done but he hasn't learned how to hold the iron in his paw.  It is hard to pull away from what I enjoy doing just to look at this pile.  I've tried to find items that are wrinkle free but they are more expensive and Mister just loves to find a sale on $20 pants and $10 shirts so he stocks up but never gives away.

I did this to myself, you know.  When we married, Mister would pull out a shirt to wear to work that hadn't been ironed.  I know a lot of young men did this but "sweet me" couldn't stand to have my man wear a wrinkled shirt. So, low and behold, I made sure his were ironed.  Now he can't stand not to have an ironed shirt. Oh, wo is me!!

Below, is my next applique project.  It is always important to have something in your hands to keep you busy so I am going to try applique.  I have taken a class and now I have to practice.  Those points and V's are going to be my undoing.  But isn't it pretty?  I had to go to Material Girls to take pictures so I could recall what fabric was needed where.  Now I have to return because I'm missing a piece.  Wouldn't be so bad if the store was around the corner. Its out in South Jordan.

Have a good day, I'm back to my sacrifice and hope to have it done today.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Idea...Can't the drycleaners do it for you...at least until Butt can figure it out. ;)

Mary Gardner said...

Red Hangar is my best friend; haven't ironed a shirt in years. Wouldn't know how to anymore; worth the bucks!

I wonder why a little of Laurie's creativity and sewing talents couldn't have landed in my DNA; I hate having no talents. Oh, wait. I have a talent. I can type. Chloe took me to show and tell one day to show her class how fast her nana could type. I was bustin' with pride at how proud Chloe was at her granny typin' away. Woo hoo. Such a diverse set of talents in this family.

And now I shall go try and figure out how to sew a button on.

Mary

QuiltSoup said...

What? Strawberry Smoothie is all done and quilted? When did this happen??