Tuesday, January 20, 2009

GRANNY B'S PARKING SPOT

I did it again.  Last Oct I paid twice what I should have online for our Donnie and Marie tickets.  Keep that in mind while I tell you a tale that will probably be told at my funeral as one of the idiotic things that Granny B did.


I found a good price for the Walking with Dinosaur exhibit up at the Evolution Ctr. (Delta).  They were only $5.oo so I bought 12 without talking to any of the kids.  I figured for that price if they couldn't go it wasn't a big loss.  I proceed to call everyone and set up the date and time.  Organize our group so we can do this all together. The little boys are excited to see these big moving dinosaurs.

The afternoon on the day of the program I receive a call reminding me that I have purchased reservations for parking.  I ask Lee to listen because I didn't think my ears were hearing the message clearly.  Lee asked to see my tickets and I showed them to him.  They had seat #'s and row #'s.  They certainly had to be tickets to the program.  I got such a good deal on them.  Lee called and found that I had bought 12 tickets for reserved parking for the program.  The numbers indicated the space.

I was so humiliated I cried.  To set up something so special and then to have the bottom drop because of a silly mistake was terrible.  To redeem myself Lee and I took those that would go to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point.  It wasn't the same, bones just don't have the same appeal to a 5 year old as does a robot that has skin, moves and roars.  What will be my next faux pax?

4 comments:

jill said...

Oh Laurie,
How sad for you. You are such a kind person....
ya know, I could see me doing the same thing.
Keep smiling, we still love ya,
Jill H

Mary Gardner said...

Laurie, that brought a tear to my eye. Seriously.

I need to buy you some M&M's.

Mary

Sandie said...

No worries Mom. It was the thought that counted on this one! Although, I had to say, I did laugh when I heard. Love you!

Andrew and Lori said...

We enjoyed spending time that night with Jane that we normally wouldn't have. The kids loved going to the Museum. They just love spending time with you guys, it doesn't have to be anything big for them to feel important.
We love you Grandma Button!!