Saturday, December 20, 2008

TALKING TO MYSELF

Nothing of any great magnitude has happened recently so rather than let my blog go unheeded I am just going to talk to myself about things going through my head at this time of the year.  I couldn't take any  pictures of that.


Sister Bangerter came over the other night to talk to me about ward conference.  This sister is one of the sweetest individuals that I have ever worked with.  And she makes me feel so confident about what I am doing as Primary President.  Even adults need to know that what they are doing is important.  I appreciate her positive attitude.  It wants me to do even more than I am.  Ward conference is in January and she has asked that I work with her on a sharing time rather than having the stake do it themselves.

Another thing she asked me to do is talk about my counselors and secretary.  So I am going to do it here as a rehearsal.  Ruth is an anchor.  She is positive and outgoing. Her knowledge of the gospel is incredible and her sharing times keep the children in the palm of her hands.  I know that she has so much going on at home but she doesn't let it phase her outlook or attitude about Primary.  She meets with each of the families of our soon to be baptized 8 year olds and talks to them about what to expect.  I love working with her.  And most of all she is dependable!!

Lyssa has her ear to the ground.  She listens to the needs of many of our mothers who have children with special needs and she is able to advise not only them but us as to how to work with our little ones.  She is a doer.  Her sharing times always try to involve the children in an active way. If we need something special like loaves of pumpkin bread, she says, "oh, it will only take me 20 minutes.  Dinner at her home was sumptuous affair that everyone enjoyed.  It isn't very often that we can catch her out of sorts.  She is upbeat and positive most of the time.  And she is responsible!!!

Carole is our newest member of the presidency.  She feels she doesn't do much but that will end shortly.  Actually, she has been a much needed help in our primary. As she sees a need she doesn't hesitate to put herself in a place that will help the teacher. And I love her humor. Our meetings provide an outlet for all of us to visit with an adult. She makes us laugh.  I'm so grateful to have her nearby.  Plus she is  responsible and dependable!!!  I couldn't ask for a greater group of women to work with.

Being Primary President doesn't mean a "lick" if you don't have the right people in place to support you.  And that goes for our teachers too.  They are wonderful.

Today Lee and I decided to go shopping at Fashion Place Mall.  We headed out to Lori and Andrew's to take some non-Christmas items.  Their children are so sweet and Twinkle loves to see her Granny B. since I have been doing some babysitting there for the last few Mondays.  (I forgot my Monday hair appt. again and had to call Sharleen and humbly apologize for the 5th time.  My hair is getting way out of control.)

We hit the freeway and came to a major halt about 6800 So on State. After 15 minutes waiting to turn, we "flipped a U-ey and headed down State to go to Costco. Uh-oh as we parked in the back acre, I forgot my purse at Lori's.  Now what? I didn't have the checkbook.  Lee had $80 in cash so we went and spent it all.

Back to Lori's to get my purse and then to Deseret Book where we met up with Connie and Scott Olson from the old neighborhood.  We visited for a good half hour while Dad danced around because he was actually on his way to the rest room.  It was good to see them.  Their oldest grandson is actually 18.  Strange because his mother Lisa used to tend my children when she was a teenager. 

Time passes on.  Others may be getting older but I'm not.  I still have the attitude and energy that I had when I was 30!!  (Don't I?)

0 comments: