Thursday, December 11, 2008

BRAGGING RIGHTS

Sooooo, you ask, "what have you been doing since retirment. Well, come and take a look.
This one is in the works. Cute, huh?

I couldn't pass this kit up. I love it. I'm not sure who is going to get it. The black and white with the yellow is beautiful.  Have I told you how much I like fabric.  Todays pieces are stunning!!
This kit was on sale and the finished product will go with the colors in our "new" sitting/TV room. It is probably big enough to make 2 lap quilts.
I like to document what I have made.  This twin size quilt is made of strips of different flannel pieces.  It is gorgeous along with the quilting. The one thing I was disappointed in is that I bought an inexpensive (cheap) piece of flannel to put on the back. I can see it wearing out faster than the top.  Too bad, but I'm learning.
This quilt was given to Urban for his 3rd birthday.  These are dinosaur panels with colorful backgrounds and sashing.
This is a cutie!  A Mary Engelbreit panel with her fabrics outlining the picture. The green are pieced scallops that are  sewn down only on one side.

Yes, I have had fun!  Knock on wood.  I hope I can continue doing what I enjoy for a while.

4 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Holy smoke you have been busy. All the quilts are georgous, I'm impressed.

Sandie said...

Wow! I didn't realize you had done that many. Love them all.

Hunsaker Family said...

What beautiful quilts! You've made so many in such a short time. Amazing!

Idaho Sutters said...

Hi Cousin Laura! My mom showed me your blog address from your Christmas card this year. I'll have to check out Sandie and Jane's blogs too!

You're quilts are amazing! Congratulations on all the wonderful years teaching school. Way to go. If you don't mind I'm going to save your blog address so I can stay current on your family. I'm so glad you have a blog!!!

Merry Christmas! Love, Deanna (Ward) Sutter