Saturday, December 27, 2008

THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS


Christmas came so quickly.  I wasn't as prepared as I might have been, but it didn't seem to matter. Dallin asked me why we didn't have a big dinner on Christmas. My answer was that I hadn't ever had a big dinner on this day as a child and we pass on what we have done.  Just as the little Santa made by my mother comes out every year, I hope that one of my children will want it to bring out every year in their home.


The tricycle will go to Dall.  I bought each of the children specific ornaments over the years that meant something to me.  Dallin always wanted mail to come in the mailbox for himself.

We all enjoyed Christmas day together even though the weather was quite snowy.  The cousins had fun playing together.  They still think they are brothers and  sisters who live in different houses.
Cort entertaining himself with the Bat Cave.














Dad finally got his Navy veterans hat.  I did good!!
Caeden and Zach appearing like 
little "dorks".
Dallin helps Cort with his toy while Ryan patiently waits.  Andrew and Lori watch as the kids open presents.

Gabby played with her new baby dill while Lilly tries out her new bike.








Button and Urban tease each other over who gets to play with the toy.

This is a picture from our front porch.  It looks like wonderland.

After everyone leaves, Lee has to shovel a path for Button so he can go potty.

And what did I do the day after?  I went to the Material Girls fabric shop and spent my gift card.  And definitely had fun doing it.  Love to all and may your New Year be a good one.

0 comments: