Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MARCH BIRTHDAYS

IT'S FINISHED!!  This was a fairly easy quilt to do but the colors are incredible--black, white and that vibrant yellow. This photo doesn't do it justice.  This is the kit  I found in Las Vegas last fall while we toured the Henderson area.  I'm glad we stopped.  I haven't seen this quilt kit any place else.
I washed after I brought it back from the quilters so it would be softer. Look closely at the amazing job she did with the quilting. I was very pleased with it.
WE'VE HAD A BIRTHDAY, SHOUT HURRAY!!!  Zach turned 4 and here he is with his Mom, sister, and IRON MAN. He isn't feeling very well.
Dallin turned 28. Oh, how time flies. I remember meeting this young man when he was a mere 10 lbs and ready to play football. ( and beautiful) He loved the quilt, thank goodness.
Levi turned 34 and the Momma turned 63. Oh, whoa is me.... The kids decided that I needed something special. Isn't is gorgeous?? I said that it would make a nice sewing bag but they put the nix on that.  j/k I know better than that. I was impressed with their good taste and I love it. Only Mister knows how much I like an expensive bag--not out of pride, but out of I don't like to buy a new purse every season. So I buy a good one that will last me for a few years.
Well, it was a good party and everyone loved the dipped beef and potato salad.  The big hit though was the cake.  Even those who don't usually eat cake enjoyed this one.  It was a bundt cake from that new cake store over by the mall.

Have a good day everybody.

5 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Happy Birthday Laura!!

Mary Gardner said...

Pretty fancy bag!! Kids have good taste. Happy Birthday to the middle child!

Mary

Alissa said...

You've got good kids! Let's go out for a birthday celebration next week.

Levi said...

Levi has turned 33, remember I am younger than Sandie and the same birthyear as Jane. 34 will come soon enough, let me enjoy 33 for a while. Sweet blog, good post.

Leslie said...

WHat a darling quilt you made for Dallin! I love it! One day I want to be just like you and quilt and read my days away! Sounds wonderful!