Wednesday, March 18, 2009

LIFE CAN BE A LITTLE MUNDANE

This little stool belonged to my mother.  She used it at her sewing machine during the early 60's.  I have no idea where she got it from but she was visiting  with her Aunt Vi up in the avenues quite a bit. Aunt Vi passed some things on to her and this might have been one of those items.

I recall Mom saying that she would like to recover this stool.  Well as we all know, these things are low on the priority list and never got done. This little stool just kept on giving and giving.  It must be 50 years old at least and is as sturdy as can be.  I purchased a print to finally get it covered.

I took it apart and spent several hours hunting for new material to put in as filling.  I couldn't find anyone to sell me anything but foam rubber. YUCK!!! I looked at the padding again and decided that it could be saved.  I put a piece of thin batting over it and then the fabric. I stapled it together and this is what a now have.  A beautifully covered sewing stool that can be passed on with my sewing machine.







2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

It looks like you did a good job! I really like the fabric.

Sandie said...

Wow. Who knew you could DIY? (That's do it yourself, just in case you're wondering.) I love the material.