Thursday, March 12, 2009

HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY


There is such peace when your family gathers around to let you know that they love you and that you really are important in their lives. I've often said that it isn't only young people that need the positive strokes in their lives.  Those of us who are getting just a "tad" older need that also.  I spent my birthday day in the best way possible--with much of my family and very little of that was planned as we had celebrated everyone last week.

As  I was leaving the house  to go out to Jane's, Cathy Smith arrived with a Dove chocolate bar from the Relief Society to remember my birthday.  M & M's are really good but a Dove bar to start your day-mmmmmm!! I drove to Jane's to tend Lilly and Urban while Jane went out to her Dad's school to help with his reading tests. Then she brought lunch home and we had a nice visit. While I was there Dall called to see what I was doing tonight and if we went to a restaurant in between, he'd meet us there. We chose the Dodo out near Sugarhouse Park.  It's one of our favorites.  We had a nice visit with Dall about school, housing, and life.

Mister brought home these beautiful roses.  I told him that this was a rare occurance. I don't remeber the last time I had roses and then he reminded me that I once said that I would rather have daises than roses.  I must have been quite young when I said that.  




Levi and the boys also called along with Andrew and Zach.  We had a small conversation about our birthdays.   Earlier Jane and Urban sang Happy Birthday.

So why are birthdays so special.  I personally don't think its the presents but the focus that is put on that person to let them know how much they are loved and appreciated.  Thank you everybody.  My family is my treasure.  And my extended family only adds that much more.  I love you all. --I am soooo sappy.---

1 comments:

jill said...

So glad you had a great birthday, isn't it great to have family?
We were thinking of you, I am just a tad slow.
You are a wonderful person, a wonderful sister, kind and very talented. Hope the year is fabulous!
Love ya
Dave and Jill