Friday, February 20, 2009

LIL' RAMBLES



Nothing of note has had a major part in my life at this point so this is one of those "rambling" kind of blogs.

1.  I finished 3 books that I felt were excellent reads
Veil of Lies
The Magicians and Mrs. Quent
Missing Joseph
2.  Uncle Leonard has decided that I have too much time on my hands.  I pass on the interesting emails that I get.  At least I'm not looking for them.
3.  I went to see Slumdog Millionare tonight even though it is R rated.  It was excellent.  Sometimes you have to listen to the advice of others and make a judgement call.  On their recommendation we decided that it was a must see.  It was.  I'm not quite sure about the rating but there was some violence.  Even the language wasn't bad, but everyone knows that I can't hear well.
4.  We also saw Pink Panther. So-so.
5.  I spent Tuesday at the Draper Temple.  Morning I hauled water to and from the table until the men finished unloading the semi and then they helped.  It was just so sweet to see those young parents bringing their sweet and well-mannered children up to the refreshment table.  They were mostly dressed in their Sunday best.  In the evening Lee and I hosted in the temple near the sealing rooms.  The Celestial room was incredible with that gorgeous chandelier that extended so far from the ceiling.  Beautiful.  I also recognized a few of my former students as they came through with their YM-YW groups.  We were worn out after serving in the temple but it was a good kind of tired.
6.  I bought a few of those new style of blouses that are made from a soft fabric that clings to the body.  My kind of body in those clingy kind of blouses is waaay sad.  I took them back.
7.  I won at bonco last night.  I sub sometimes.  The prize was a steamer buddy that you take when traveling.  Not what I can use so I returned it to Macy's and bought a white pitcher and 6 little dessert bowls.  This is my 4th pitcher so now I guess I am in a collection mode. ( The girls can divide them up when I'm gone.)
8. I finished my appliqued quilt.  It turned out beautiful and the first one that I will keep for myself--finally.  I'll post pictures when it comes back from the quilters.
9. I am reading up on NO-nitric oxide. I am going to see if it lives up to all its expectations concerning blood pressure.
10.  I have spent 2 days with grandchildren.  I'm glad that I was fairly young when I was raising  mine.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!   

3 comments:

Alissa said...

I loved your ramblings. Are you busy on Monday? Ella has a doctors appointment at 2, but maybe we could get lunch before.

Material Girls said...

Can't wait to see your applique quilt, be sure and bring it in the shop, I haven't done much but I have 4 blocks of Barbara's new blocks up for just a few more days.
See ya soon!
Nadine

Sandie said...

It's nice to catch up, even it takes reading your blog. Sounds like you are staying busy! Love ya.