Saturday, November 1, 2008

DEAR FRIENDS


This was a fun week for me.  I had lunch with Jan (on left) and Kay (right). After college I came home to Salt Lake to teach.  I left many friends in Provo and coming home to Salt Lake was rather a let down because every one and any one that I was close to were either married or had moved out of state to new jobs.  I was again on my own to try and establish a new life for myself.  I moved home with my parents, and a brother, Richard. My sisters had married by the time I had come home.  

Richard decided that I was OK enough to tag along with him to a singles group called Sacra Dulce Chorus. (I'd bet anything that Mom strongly encouraged him to do that.) Here I met Jan L. and Kay S. and many other young men and women who came together to sing and have fun.  Before long Jan, Kay and I were doing a lot of hanging out together.  We made many memories camping, singing, dancing and talking.  That was from 1968-1972 when I was married.  I wish I had a picture scanned in from that time.  We were very pretty young women who enjoyed what life had to offer.  Now as you can see we have aged 35 years and have become grandmothers and we still enjoy what life has to offer.  These women were good friends.  (We even learned to ski together--that was an experience it itself).
This is the pile of books by my bed that I have yet to read.  I have to read the library books first.
These are the 3 quilts I finished and took to the quilter this week.  YEAH!!

0 comments: