Monday, November 9, 2009

CATCH UP ???


These are pics of Mom and friends.
This got in here unexpectedly. But is was truely a mystery quilt. This was for Mary for her birthday and I am working on one for Peggy now. Maybe it will be done for her birthday.

I don't think I can catch up for 3 months worth of info.

I've been busy with finishing up and presenting a beautiful Primary Program at the end of September. We had maybe 40 children and to hear them sing we had to bunch them up together close to the piano because there were so few older voices. But it was amazing and they did an incredible job.

Then the stake decided that "yes" we would designate new boundaries for each ward in the stake. Essentially, they took our ward and split it up to two other areas and gave us names instead of numbers. We are in the Falcon View ward now with many new people to get to know. Now I understand what our kids are going through when their wards are divided and they lose friendships that were just beginning. But looking through this with older eyes, Mister and I just
know that we have more friends to meet and make.

I decided not to return to the primary. (This was an option for me) It was time for new folks to take over. I was put in as the Compassionate Service Leader. This will allow me to serve a little more and get to know more people.

I have been working on our Christmas party for the Jones family. Invites are out and I will be doing a collage about Mom.

She was a beautiful woman who had a huge responsibility of seeing that her younger sisters were taken care of after the divorce of their parents.

I also made a snow white costume for Gabby. It was darling but my photos are not loading so I can't show it off. I have finished several quilts to be given away to famiy. Its been fun but now my time needs to take off in another direction. I feel like I need to be of more service than I am and will start finding ways to use my time more productively.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

At least you did a catch-up. I'm still procrastinating. Love the pics!

Jane Anne said...

your boys looks so much like your mom, I can't believe it.

You will be a fantastic Comp. Leader, it's a characteristic of yours that you already possess! You'll be great.

I am hoping we can get some sort of a dinner group going or something to stay in touch with our friends who are now in the other ward. what do you think?

jill said...

I love the catch-up...I have missed you.
See ya at the Christmas party.
Love ya
Jill H