Tuesday, June 8, 2010

47 Quilts and Counting

I've been working hard on several different block of the month quilts. That means you join a class that provides the fabric for the block for a fee. The one with the white background is being made with a 30's fabric. It will have some appliqueing around the edge but won't be too bad.

The red, orange, green is a class that I am taking with Terrie and Laurel Lee once a month.


This red and grey is an online quilt that has a medallion in the middle. These blocks are all differnent kinds of stars. Its gorgeous.
Terrie and I are making the civil war tribute quilt. It too is beautiful. We go to class and learn about the civil war battles. How heart breaking it is to hear about how many thousands of soldiers were slaughtered during this time. Mothers must have wept many tears knowing that not even the body of their young soldiers wouldn't be coming home--many were buried in graves with only the number of how many were buried with them. Tragic time for this young country.
This is my latest quest. It is called the Farmers Wife. It is a published book about a contest in the publication of the same name. They asked women (farm wives) to write in and tell them if they would let their daughters marry a farmer.
The book contains only part of these essays which, by the way, were all positive about their daughters marrying a farmer. Along with the essays are two 6 inch quilt blocks that coincide with the writing. This one is churn dash and maple leaf.
This is practical orchard and railroad
Aren't they cute? And so easy to produce thank goodness, because there are 111 of them to make
This is how I organize my templates because I may have to use them in another block. I like using my scraps because I have a free hand to put together fabrics I like plus I need to use up and recycle. When I have enough blocks, I will put them together with sashing. This is quite a project.
This is my work space--on the kitchen counter. I have to clean up every 2 weeks so Lindsey can come in and clean. And Mister is soo patient with me.
I try to keep my stash organized but sometimes it gets the better of me. At least now I am going to Curves and walking. I love quilting but sometimes it needs to be put aside so I can socialize with kids and grandkids and others. It hasn't taken over my life completely. Only another quilter, scrapbooker, writer, or hobbyist of some sort can understand the souls need to create something lasting.

13 comments:

Leslie said...

I LOVE all of your quilts! One day I hope I have the time to quilt the days away!!

Sandie said...

I can't believe you have made that many. I love the farmer's quilt. Can't wait to see that one!

jill said...

I am amazed at your talent! We love the quilts you have been kind enough to share with us.
Love ya
Jill H.

Playvdz said...

هو المكان الذي يمكن أن يكون الترفيه التي لا نهاية لها . المحتوى : أغاني ، أخبار ، وصفات الطبخ ، والتكنولوجيا، الدين من جميع أنحاء العالم على الطلب أو يعيش هو مجرد انقر بعيدا. الحياة من دون الترفيه هي ، ونحن نقدم أفضل وسائل الترفيه التي يمكن أن يكون في أي وقت مضى . ونحن نعتقد في تقديم أحدث وأفضل نوعية ، تجربة فيديو

HiToplay said...

Welcome to Hittoplay a place where you can have endless entertainment S6 Samsung Content from all around the world Songs, News, Cooking Recipes, Technology, Religion, S6 Phone on demand or live is just a click away, Iphone Repair
Life without entertainment is colorless, Sell Iphone and we offer the best entertainment, Unblock Video that you could have ever experienced. , Funny Movies We believe in providing, Hollywood Movies latest and the best quality Video experience, Bollywood Movies

الجزار said...


شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل


الجزار said...



شركة المثالية لتنظيف والمكافحة الحشرات
شركة تنظيف بجازان
شركة تنظيف شقق بجازان
شركة تنظيف مجالس بجازان
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بجازان
شركة تسليك مجارى بجازان
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجازان
شركة عزل اسطح وخزانات بجازان
شركة نقل عفش بجازان

Bullion Jackpot Call said...

Superb post of "47 Quilts and Counting"

Silver Investment advisor
Commodity Trading Calls

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awesome and wonderful post.

Jackpot Intraday Tips |
Mcx Crude Tips Only

Best SQL Server SQL DBA C C++ Java Training Tutorials - RedBush Technologies said...

Lovely quilts. They are more important because they have the warmth of the homemade comfort.

If anyone from the readers wants to have a very economical computer software education from India. Please check the following links-

Link for MSBI Interview Questions With Answers

Java Training

Online Java Training

More Info

Hadoop Big Data training

Click here for a free demo

More Info

MS SQL Training Gurgaon

MS SQL DBA Training Gurgaon

CBSE IP Class 11th, 12th netbeans projects

Microsoft BI

Kim Wanda Young said...

Omg zaramozzoe.blogspot.com

gream said...

HD Online Game Channels offer a wide variety of games, along with a variety of betting options to meet customer needs. Golden slot All grades and all lifestyles online bets are the most popular games of all time. Even after winning online. It is not very known. However, when the internet becomes important to humans, we risk being online so we get more and more popular because of the design to bet on mobile. We have a variety of games that are ready to serve you. Gclub69 users want to use the service of any kind of website, we are ready for you to use it every time. Only with this online gambling is also considered a great game that everyone is gambling. Open experience With the new online gambling game to be rich. To make the players enjoy the privilege to offer a variety of members with more than 200 promotions. Play now, we guarantee that users will not be disappointed. If you are interested in this, please click here. สล็อตออนไลน์